WA 38 June Field Days - Storage Evaluation and Mechanical Pruning Demonstration
Thursday June 1, 2016
9:30 to 11:00 am WSU ROZA Orchard
3:00 to 4:30 pm WSU Sunrise Orchard
Join us at one or both locations.
· See the impact of pruning and training strategies on the canopy.
· See a demonstration of mechanical pruning.
· Review the results of storage evaluations.
· See how last year’s heat effected fruit quality.
· See and taste fruit MCP-treated and non-treated.
· Fruit from two locations with different soils.
WSU Sunrise Orchard, off highway 28 on Sunrise Lane, about 11 miles south of Wenatchee.
WSU ROZA Orchard, 53002 N. Crosby Rd., Prosser, WA 99350 United States
Take N Gap Road North from Prosser, Turn East (right) onto King Tull Rd. Turn left (north) onto Hinzerling, then turn right (east) onto McCready. Follow McCready until Crosby Rd. Turn left (north) onto Crosby Rd. Follow N Crosby Rd crossing over Hanks and then Evans Rd. The WSU ROZA Farm will be on your right between Evans and W Kuhlman Rd.
Tree Fruit Research and Extension Center (509) 663-8181